We are pleased to announce that data collection for the second edition has begun!
The Renewables in Cities Global Status Report (REC) is an annual stock-take of the global transition to renewable energy at the city-level. REN21 is developing this series to create a comprehensive picture of renewable energy developments in cities globally. The REC draws on the experience of an expert community — this is an international, collaborative effort and we value your input.
This second edition will be published in March 2021, and we are already busy getting it off the ground and digging into the main trends. We are looking at trends and developments on urban renewables; policies, markets and infrastructure in cities; investment and financing; and citizen participation.
By contributing data and information, you too can help foster urban actions that promote renewable energy locally. Submit formal and informal data and/or information through our online questionnaire, available here.
Please note the following guidelines:
- Please complete as much of the questionnaire as you can, based on the data available and your knowledge and expertise. We encourage you to focus on topics that are of particular relevance to your region.
- Don’t forget to provide full sources/references for all information that you contribute. Clear referencing is essential to maintaining the integrity of the report.
You can submit data until 15 September 2020. Other important milestones include:
- 12 August to 15 September 2020: Online data collection
- November 2020: Peer Review
- March 2021: Launch of Final Report
As always, all contributors will be acknowledged in the final report. Should you have any questions or encounter any problems accessing the online questionnaire, please email us at RE_cities@ren21.net.
Want to be part of the REC community but not sure if data contribution is for you? If you’re interested in acting as a peer reviewer, being interviewed, sharing insights about cities or activities, or simply hearing more about the report, you can also fill out the Expression of Interest form.