WHAT WE DO
REN21 is an international policy network made up of passionate people dedicated to building a sustainable energy future. REN21 believes in:
- A clear vision: efficient, renewables-based energy systems are the future for all energy end-use sectors.
- Informed decision-making: we provide high quality, up-to-date information to help shape the energy debate.
- Compelling storytelling: sharing successful case studies from across the globe to demonstrate that the global transition to renewables can happen.
- Inspiring people to act: building a worldwide community of players from governments, inter-governmental and non-governmental organisations, industry, science and academia.
- Bridging divides: making renewable energy relevant to all decision-makers, by developing an understanding of relevant concerns in these sectors.
REN21’s activities are clustered under two main blocks:
- Knowledge: what’s happening now in the energy sector and what we think will happen.
- Debates: discussing a renewable energy future with players both within and outside the energy sector.
Have more questions? Want to join? Contact us!
REN21 data and reporting culture
REN21 has developed a unique renewable energy reporting culture, which includes:
- Developing data collection processes that build on an international community of experts, allowing access to dispersed data and information that is often unwieldy and diﬀicult to collect;
- Consolidating formal (oﬀicial) and informal (unoﬀicial/unconventional) data from a wide range of sources in a collaborative, transparent way (e.g. by using extensive referencing);
- Complementing and validating data and information through an open peer-review process;
- Using that validated data and information to develop a fact-based narrative to help shape the global debate on the energy transition, as well as to monitor progress and inform decision-making processes;
- Making data and information openly available so it can be used by people advocating for renewable energy use.