Data collection for GSR 2021 has begun!
REN21’s annual Renewables Global Status Report is the most referenced report on renewable energy market, industry and policy trends. The 2021 report will be published in June, and we are already busy getting it off the ground and digging into the main trends. Our Renewables Global Status Report draws on the experience of an expert community of over 900 contributors every year — this is an international, collaborative effort and we value your input.
Through our data collection process, you too can shape the renewable energy discussion. Join us.
GSR 2021 Data Collection Questionnaire
The online questionnaire is available here until November 29. Information is being collected on renewable energy, enabling technologies and other related policies for renewables integration, renewable-based energy access, and energy efficiency. You can also access the offline questionnaire here, however if it is possible, please use this as a draft that you can copy into the online format.
As always, all contributors will be acknowledged in the final report.
Please note the following guidelines:
- Start a new online questionnaire at: https://survey.sogosurvey.com/r/u64EEv.
- We know your time is precious. You may choose to only fill out sections of the questionnaire which best align with your knowledge or expertise. No contribution is too small!
- Don’t forget to provide full sources/references for all information that you contribute. The GSR has become the most frequently referenced report on the status of renewable energy and clear referencing is essential to maintaining the integrity of the report.
The data collection timeline for GSR 2021 is as follows:
- 29 November 2020: deadline for input.
- December/January 2021: follow-up communication as necessary.
- January 2021: peer review of round 1 chapter drafts.
- February 2021: collection of market data on specific renewable energy technologies for specific countries (we will contact you should this be the case for the countries you report on).
Should you have any questions or encounter any problems accessing the GSR 2021 online questionnaire, please email us at email@example.com.
Want to be part of the GSR community but not sure if data contribution is for you? If you’re interested in acting as a peer reviewer, being interviewed, sharing insights about your country or activities, or simply hearing more about the report, you can also fill out the Expression of Interest form.
Share This With Your Colleagues
Please consider sharing our Data Collection Media Kit with the communications teams in the organisations you are connected with. We would love to engage people who are outside of our network to develop greater diversity, which strengthens the quality of the report.