Data collection for GSR 2020 has begun! REN21’s annual Renewables Global Status Report is the most referenced report on renewable energy market, industry and policy trends. The 2020 report will be published in June, and we are already busy getting it off the ground and digging into the main trends. Our Renewables Global Status Report draws on the experience of an expert community of over 900 contributors every year — this is an international, collaborative effort and we value your input.
Through our data collection process, you too can shape the renewable energy discussion. Join us. The online questionnaire is available at REN21+: http://ren21plus.ren21.net/ until December 8. Information is being collected on renewable energy, citizen support for renewables, energy efficiency, distributed renewables for energy access, enabling technologies, and other related policies for renewables integration.
Please note the following guidelines:
- Instructions for the completion of the questionnaire are available at: https://ren21.filecloudonline.com/url/7xjy468f2acfkbp3
- Please complete as much of the questionnaire as you can, based on the data available and your knowledge and expertise. We encourage you to focus on topics that are of particular relevance to your region.
- Don’t forget to provide full sources/references for all information that you contribute. The GSR has become the most frequently referenced report on the status of renewable energy and clear referencing is essential to maintaining the integrity of the report.
The data collection timeline for GSR 2020 is as follows:
- 8 December 2019: deadline for input.
- December/January 2020: follow-up communication as necessary.
- January 2020: peer review of round 1 chapter drafts.
- February 2020: collection of market data on specific renewable energy technologies for specific countries (we will contact you should this be the case for your country).
In addition, we are always looking for more topical (e.g. renewable heating and cooling) and technology contributors. If that sounds interesting to you, let us know.
As always, all contributors will be acknowledged in the final report. Should you have any questions or encounter any problems accessing REN21+ or the GSR 2020 online questionnaire, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.