REN21 has released its latest report on the feasibility and challenges of achieving a 100% renewable energy future. Renewables Global Futures Report: Great debates towards 100% Renewable Energy, analyses the views of 114 renowned energy experts from every region of the world, interviewed over the course of 2016. The results are clustered as “12 Great Debates”:
- 100% Renewables: A logical consequence of the Paris Agreement?
- Global Energy Demand Development: Efficiency on a global level?
- Renewable Power Generation: The winner takes all?
- The Future of Heating: Thermal or electrical applications?
- Renewables for Transport: Electrification versus biofuels?
- Interconnection of Sectors: System thinking required
- Storage: Supporter or competitor of the power grid?
- Technology versus Costs: Which should come first?
- Scaling-up Investments and Work Force: 100% renewables for socio-economic change
- Utilities of the Future: What will they look like?
- Mega Cites: Mega possibilities
- Energy Access Enabled Through Renewables: How to speed up connections?
To download the full report, infographics and press release head to the Renewables Global Futures Report page.